About, Policies, and Technical Stuff"It was not a journey ordained by another, but a path she chose herself" -SC II A Little About Me: I generally don't fit stereotypes, being able to be very technical with computers and very creative with art. In my spare time I enjoy reading, sewing, video games, art, crafting, comic books, and writing.
I'm fond of pizza and dark chocolate. And Starburst Jellybeans.
- I am committed to quality designs and take pride in my work.
- After a bid for a project is made, I require half of the bid amount upfront to start the project, and the remaining half on completion.
- Bids are not solid prices. The actual cost may range up to 20% above or below the bid quoted.
- I prefer a contract with each project.
- Revisions deviating from the original specifications will be deferred into another project and re-priced.
- Do NOT use my artwork in any way, shape, or form without express written permission.
- If you commission a project and you decide you don't like it at the end, or the clothes don't fit your figure, or you can't figure out how to use/wear/display/operate the commission properly, the bid amount is still due. Any further commissions or alterations (besides very minor things) will be deferred into another project.
- If the final bid amount is not paid within two weeks of the project being finished, I reserve the right to retain the project, and re-sell it. Your rights to the project will be revoked.
- I don't do refunds, all sales are final.
- If the clothing you commissioned comes apart due to workmanship, PLEASE contact me! I will be more than happy to fix construction problems. (However, normal wear and tear and damage incurred after you receive the project are not covered under this clause).
- Special Note: I do NOT compete with department stores, costume shops, or other costuming places. My work is original, well-made, and tailored to fit YOU. Anything commissioned will cost more than similar items you can buy through local stores. If cost is an issue, go for the mass-produced store version. If quality and a custom fit (and a unique item!) are priorities for you, then I'm the one to talk to. :)
- I also can make alterations on store-bought costumes/clothes/dresses, etc. Just ask!
- My request: I always want pictures of completed projects, preferrably on their commissioners for my resume! Send me pictures, pretty please!!
© 2013-2016 Jen West